Tuesday, April 21, 2009

He did it!!!


Today the Mets called up LHP Casey Fossum from AAA Buffalo to the Major League club. Here's how I learned this awesome news:

According to a commenter on DRaysBay, Fossum just got called up to the Mets??? And holy crap, he's on their Active Roster!! Yippeeeeeeee!!!!

That's an email I woke up to from Steve. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet, but my guess is this: Nelson Figueroa had to be called up for a spot start over the weekend since Pelfrey was hurt but not hurt enough to go on the DL. To make room on the roster, Darren O'Day (who we got as a Rule 5 pick from the Angels) needed to be designated for assignment. Pelfrey should be healthy enough for his next start, so Figueroa was no longer needed on the big league club. So I'm guessing Fossum is taking his spot on the roster, and O'Day's role with the club as a middle reliever. Not sure, but that's my guess. Whatever the explanation, Woo-Hoo!!!!


No comments: